- IPM in Schools Process Video: In March we'll be filming a video that outlines the general IPM demonstration school process, including meeting with school staff, administration, and the PMP and visiting vulnerable areas within the school. The video's target will be to introduce IPM to other schools and school districts around the state or even nationwide!
- IPM Manual Revision: The University of Nebraska will be revising its IPM in Schools: Easy as ABC manual to include updates about school IPM as well as IPM in other sensitive environments such as child care centers, nursing homes, or hospitals.
- Four coalition meetings: The Urban Pest Management Conference (Feb 8-9); April 27, July 27, and Oct 26 will be the dates for our coalition meetings this year. We hope to do at least one of these as a half day, educational meeting with lunch and numerous speakers.
- Demonstration Schools: We plan to finish our OPS and LPS demonstration projects this year and possibly begin a new one with Nebraska City Public Schools
- Child Care: We have been interested in getting involved in Child Care IPM and have had the good fortune to meet some enthusiastic individuals who work with child care providers. These individuals have joined our coalition and are going to work with us to arrange in-services to teach child care providers about IPM.
- Youth Programs: I will continue work with youth this year, including an evaluation project about Pest Private Eye that Clyde and I will conduct with a Nebraska middle school science club. I also will begin exploring the development of an "IPM Questing Project." More on this in the future!
Monday, January 3, 2011
Happy New Year!
Welcome 2011! It's going to be a great year for IPM here in Nebraska! Just a preview of some of the events or projects to come: